The newest in the Kromski collection. Yes, thoroughly modern in every aspect, but the concept and design are obviously Kromski.
What is not obvious is a new style single drive flyer design. The whorl is “changeable” for different speeds; to change bobbins, the front of the flyer simply pulls off - no drive band to deal with. Very fast bobbin change. The flyer also has sliding hooks. And both the flyer and the wheel spin on sealed ball bearings for a truly smooth feel.
The Fantasia is made of European alder and available in several wood and color combinations.
• wheel diameter - 18"; double treadle
• orifice height - 28"; size - 3/8"
• 3 bobbins; will fit all other Kromski wheels
• single drive with Scotch tension with interchangeable whorls; flyer has sliding hooks
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and needle nose bottle of spinning wheel oil; uses an elastic drive band
• Ratios: 5 and 8 to 1. Additional whorls - 10 and 14:1; whorls exchange very easily
• ball bearings on wheel axle and flyer
• wheel part is MDF or veneer MDF; available finished or unfinished
• weight - 12.5 lbs.
It is available in the following configurations: